Love To Read? Book Reviews with Amber at The Mewton-Clawson Library #208 featuring **Double, Double, Tart and Trouble** by Samantha Silver PLUS Friendly Fill-Ins On Pets And Tricks
Hello gorgeous library guests
Welcome to the Mewton-Clawson Library at BBHQ
Thank mew for joining me today, and I’ve been a little flat out this week as it’s been rather warm at BBHQ. A little heatwave arrived on Wednesday from Africa, a plume of hot air travelled north across Europe and arrived here, and apparently today it’s going to get up to 29c or 82.4f!
For Mewton-Clawson that is seriously scorchio, so I’ve been hanging out in the kitchen where it’s nice and cool, plus there’s a fan running to ruffle my fur in the most pleasant of ways as I chill out on the rug.
Anyhoo, let’s get on with today review.
1. A product I would endorse is ________________________.
2. If I had a boat, I would name it _________________________
3. _________ was one of the first times I truly felt like a responsible adult.
4. I struggle with change most especially when it relates to _________.
The P.A.’s answers are…
1. A product I would endorse is a self-heating swimming pool. I’ve always wanted a pool, but I don’t fancy the extortionate running costs here in the U.K., so it looks like I’ll stick with my bucket of cold water to put my feet in! LOL
2. If I had a boat, I would name it the S.S. BIONIC BASIL of course!
3. _____________was one of the first times I truly felt like a responsible adult. I don’t think I’ve ever felt like a responsible adult, I just feel like me and get on with stuff.
4. I struggle with change most especially when it relates to life. What can I say, I’m a creature of habit. LOL But seriously I like things how they are, but if things change then I do adapt to suit the circumstances, so I’m ever-evolving really.
Let’s see what I’ve got to show mew this time!
This week’s top book pick is…
Mewton-Clawson Library Copy
Spellford Cove Mystery Book 2
Here’s a little snippet of the book blurb:
And I was delightfully relieved that book two is as good as book one; the story continues straight on from book one with no time lag at all and our protagonist Robin who is just recovering from the incidents of the previous story – no spoilers – finds herself embroiled in the midst of another crime in Spellford Cove. Determined to clear her name and save her newly inherited business, Robin et al embark on solving the murder.
There is also a subplot happening which is darker and a little more mysterious related to her ancestry, but I’m not going to spoilerise that for mew either.
Shakes the talking cat does feature throughout, just in case mew are wondering and yes his purrsonality is growing by the page, as is his love of reading! MOL
The plot is well crafted, the main characters and relationships are evolving and growing, and as in true cozy mystery fashion, there are multiple suspects and several red herrings before the killer is revealed.
This is a top paw read, and I’m already on book three, that’s how much I’m enjoying the series.
Audio: 5 hours 26 mins
My Ratings Scale
Other Fun Blog Hops to Join in Today
I really hope mew enjoy the book as much as I did if mew decide to read it.
Until next time…
Keep calm and read more books
Don’t furget to subscribe and never miss another review!
graphics created with paid licence www.canva.com